Now that wedding season is upon us, we’d like to share some things you may not know about the premier venue right here in our community, Crosswater Hall.
If you’ve ever visited Splash Water Park and seen an elaborate party next door, you may have been left with a few questions about what goes on at Crosswater Hall.
Here are a few facts you may not know about Nocatee’s event venue.
Crosswater Hall is:
1. ) Popular: Did you know that 575 couples have celebrated their nuptials at Crosswater Hall since the venue opened in 2010? Nearly all of them (95 percent) rented the space for both the ceremony and the reception, while a few couples opted to hold their weddings in churches and later headed to The Green for the after party.
2.) For more than just weddings: of the 650 events that have taken place at Crosswater Hall, a decent amount of them haven’t been wedding celebrations—75 have been private dinner parties, corporate meetings and other non-nuptial gatherings.
3.) Versatile: with picturesque indoor and outdoor areas, this venue can be dressed up for an elegant affair, or don more simple decor for a rustic feel. High ceilings with impressive wood beams and chandeliers mean the room doesn’t need many embellishments to create the right ambiance.
“One of my favorite moments of our Crosswater Hall reception was when I threw my bouquet from the balcony at the end of the night, then we walked down the stairs to make our grand exit. All of our guests were already lined up and showered us with bubbles as we left the venue. It was perfect!” - Jessica Hayes, Crosswater Hall’s first bride
Pictured: Mr. and Mrs. Hayes; Photo credit: Kylene Gay
4.) Award-winning: the venue has also received the Couples’ Choice Award from online wedding marketplace WeddingWire in both 2013 and 2014 for factors including professionalism, quality and value. Once a best-kept wedding venue secret, Crosswater Hall is no longer a hidden jewel.
5.) Full of picture-perfect locations: Some of the best photo opps for engagement and wedding photos at Crosswater Hall and nearby include:
Staircase leading to The Green – is often referenced as being taken right out of a fairy tale—Cinderella to be exact
- Nocatee Welcome Center – located at the corridor between Splash Water Park and Crosswater Hall, this area welcomes new couples with a perfect spot for unique shots
- The Green – sets the stage for family photos with a beautifully manicured and palm-tree lined event lawn overlooking Splash Water Park
- Breezeway near Resident Services – provides a picturesque backdrop for photos
- Balcony overlooking The Green – is an ideal spot for capturing memories and tossing bouquets
- Greenway Trails – make wedding attire pop with acres of nature in the background
- Lakely Park – includes a scenic lake perfect for contrasting white dresses
Nocatee Monument – provides a clean and green area for posing
6.) Deeply discounted for residents: Nocatee residents receive significant discounts—50 percent in several of the rooms.
To learn more about Nocatee, stop by the Nocatee Welcome Center or call 1-800-NOCATEE.