The New Year is opening on a positive note, with employers planning on hiring more in 2015. A recent Florida Trend survey of 13 industry sectors showed a positive hiring outlook among employers in all 50 states.
The industries with the strongest hiring intentions in Q1 of 2015?
● Leisure & hospitality
● Wholesale & retail trade
● Transportation & utilities
● Professional & business service
Mirroring results of the Florida Trend survey, Jacksonville’s industries with the largest job gains over the year were professional and business services, with 7,000 new jobs, and leisure and hospitality, with 3,500 new jobs.
19,000-plus online job openings, including more than 4,600 for high-wage, high-skill science and technology engineering math (STEM) jobs, available in the area will continue to attract a skilled workforce.
To keep the optimism flowing, Gus Faucher, senior economist at PNC Financial Services Group, predicts the U.S. will add about 230,000 jobs per month in 2015, and the increase in demand will drive up salaries as well.
What employers want in 2015
Forbes recently published a list of the top 10 skills employers want most in 2015 graduates. No matter your trade or industry, the following abilities are essential for a successful career:
● Work in a team structure
● Make decisions and solve problems
● Communicate verbally with people inside and outside an organization
● Plan, organize and prioritize work
● Obtain and process information
● Analyze quantitative data
● Demonstrate technical job-related knowledge and computer software proficiency
● Create and/or edit written reports
● Sell and influence others
Hot jobs for 2015
If you’re in the market for a new job, you may want to focus on a field where there are currently more jobs than applicants. CareerBuilder and Economics Modeling Specialists Inc. (EMSI) recently joined forces to compile a list of the hottest jobs based purely on supply and demand. Here are the top 10 job titles in order of demand:
1. Marketing executive
2. Software developer, applications
3. Registered nurse
4. Industrial engineer
5. Network and computer system administrator
6. Web developer
7. Medical and health services manager
8. Physical therapist
9. Speech-language pathologist
10. Sales manager
To learn more about affordable new homes in Nocatee, visit nocatee.com or call 1-800-NOCATEE.